Dhanteras 2023: Are you planning to buy gold on festival especially Dhanteras? Buying gold, silver and new utensils on Dhanteras is considered auspicious. This year Dhanteras falls on November 10. If you are planning to buy gold or gold jewelery in Dhanteras, keep these 8 important points in mind. So, you can buy the right pure gold in your budget without any financial burden. If this gold proves to be an asset for your future, always keep these tips in mind.
1. Purity: Purity is of utmost importance while buying gold. The purity of gold is measured in carats. 24 carat gold price is highest in the country. It is important to check the purity of the gold you buy, as adulterated gold is a big problem. BIS i.e. Bureau of Indian Standards asks to buy gold jewelery or gold coins hallmarked. Gold jewelery and coins must have purity marks. If not then do not buy such jewelery or gold coins.
2. Weight and Price: The price of gold is determined based on its weight and market rates may fluctuate. Be sure to check the weight of the gold jewelery or gold coins you are buying and also check the cost calculations and market rates. Jewelers often charge a making charge or wastage charge on jewelery or coins, which can vary depending on the design. To avoid paying extra, please check the making charges.
3. Budget: Before buying gold, set a budget and stick to it. Falling prey to the gold rush and spending more than planned is not wise. Don’t forget to check your finances and set goals. You cannot compromise on your financial goals.
4. Reasons to Buy Gold: Buying gold on festivals, especially on Dhanteras, is considered auspicious. Keep in mind while buying gold is it for investment or personal use or for celebrating a festival or because of the emotional connection with the festival? If you are buying gold as an investment, you may want to choose gold bars or coins because they are easier to sell or buy. On the other hand, there is a making charge for jewellery. They are slightly more expensive to buy and sell than coins.
5. Certification: Always check the certification sign while buying gold jewellery. Among these, pay attention to the purity and weight of the gold. Make sure to look for the hallmarks as this makes it easier to sell or exchange the gold in the future.
6. Return and Exchange Policy: Be sure to check the return or exchange policy of the jeweler or seller. It is important to know their policies if you want to return or exchange gold for any reason. Read the terms and conditions carefully and save all receipts and documents related to the purchase.
7. Security: Once you buy gold, take care of its storage and SEFT. Gold is a valuable resource. There is always a risk of its theft or breakage. To keep your gold, keep it in a safe deposit box at a bank or in a safe deposit box at home. Pay attention to its storage and security first. In order to avoid any kind of problem.
8. Don’t buy gold with a credit card: Avoid using a loan or credit card to buy gold as it unnecessarily increases financial stress.