Last updated on October 22, 2023 Agricultural support
Vegetables grown in monsoon. What vegetables are cultivated in monsoon? How to cultivate vegetables in monsoon? Vegetable cultivation in rain. Monsoon vegetables in Hindi Monsoon vegetables in India Which vegetables should be cultivated in monsoon? Kharif vegetables
If you grow vegetables, which vegetables should you grow during the rainy season, which can fetch good prices and profits? Demand for monsoon sown crops is good only in urban areas, but their demand is very low in rural areas. Be it for growing vegetables in monsoons, selling them in the market or growing vegetables for home in your home garden, this information will help you –
In this season one can earn good income by bringing vegetables for home and meeting the demand of vegetables in the market.
How to cultivate vegetables in monsoon?
Growing vegetables in monsoon is very easy. Be it in the home garden or in agriculture because plants require less care. Seed germination process and plant growth are fruitful due to low temperature and humid environment during monsoon. Let’s know, three ways to grow vegetables in monsoon-
- Vines are vegetables
- Perennial crops are vegetables
- Underground vegetables
|Most vegetables in monsoon||Name of vegetable planted in monsoon|
|Vine vegetable||Bitter gourd, gourd, gourd, cucumber, chickpea, rice pod|
|Perennial crops are vegetables||Eggplant, ladyfinger, tinda, cabbage, beans, guar pods, chillies,|
|Underground vegetables||Carrot, Radish, Beetroot, Ginger as per urban demand.|
Which vegetables should be grown in monsoon (top 10 vegetables)?
Different types of vegetables are cultivated in the monsoon season, which are in good demand. In urban areas, during the monsoon season, it can be easily cultivated at home in pots or garden soil. Let’s know which vegetables to plant in monsoon and how to plant them-
- Beans/rice seeds
- bottle gourd
- Green chillies
- Lady Finger
June-August is the best time to grow/cultivate tomatoes during monsoons in North India.
- Plant tomato seeds 1/4 inch deep.
- After planting tomato seeds in the soil, it may take 7 to 14 days for the seeds to germinate.
- Soil/Land Selection: Choose a site with good drainage.
- Tomato plants should be planted about 15 to 20 inches apart.
- Choose a location where the tomato plants can get 5-6 hours of sunlight per day.
- Continue to supply the required fertilizer and fertilizer for plant growth.
- After 50-65 days Tomato plants Fresh and tasty tomatoes are prepared from it.
Cultivation of brinjal in Kharif season-
Depending on the monsoon climate, eggplant can be planted in mid-June in North India and June-July in South India.
- Eggplant can be easily grown in well-drained soil.
- Eggplant seeds should be planted ¼ inch deep in the soil/pot.
- Eggplant Seed Germination: Seeds germinate at 21-32°C and in about 7-14 days.
- With proper care, plants begin to bear eggplant in about 50-60 days.
It is one of the vine/vine grown vegetables from which you can get good yield during monsoons with a special netting area.
- Cultivation can be done on rooftops/gardens or roof gardens of city houses.
- For planting cucumbers, select a location with moist and well-drained soil and adequate sunlight.
- Cucumber seeds should be planted about 1 inch deep in the soil.
- For the germination of cucumber seeds, the temperature required is 18-32°C and the seeds germinate in 7-14 days.
- Cucumber cultivation The plant starts bearing fruit in 50-70 days.
- Growing cucumber vines must be given strong support.
bitter gourd –
During kharif season, gourd is in high demand in the market, so adopt advanced technology of gourd to earn good profit in short time. Bitter gourd cultivation July is considered to be the best month for sowing gourd seeds.
- Bitter gourd grows well in well-drained land/soil.
- Plant the gourd seeds about 1 inch deep in the soil.
- Bitter gourd grows in creeper/creeper form, so a special trellis/creeper should be used while growing.
- Bitter gourd seeds start flowering and fruiting 60 to 65 days after sowing.
Be it home garden or large scale cultivation, during monsoon gourd vine Easy to cultivate.
- Bottle gourd seeds should be planted about 1-2 inches deep in the soil.
- Bottle gourd seeds germinate in about 7-10 days at 20-32°C.
- Bottle gourd can be grown with little care, but its vines need support for fast and healthy growth.
- Gourd fruit can be plucked after about 50-60 days if the plant is regularly fertilized and watered.
Monsoon season is the best time to grow chilli seedlings, during which you can get good profit at low cost.
- Polyhouses or open fields should get 5-6 hours of sunlight per day for chilli cultivation during monsoon.
- good quality Green chilli seeds Select, the seeds should be planted at a depth of 0.5 cm.
- After 50-60 days of planting the seeds, pepper flowers and fruits start growing on the plant.
- Avoid waterlogging around the pepper plant due to excessive rain.
Okra (Ladyfinger) crops need adequate sunlight of 4-7 hours a day to grow well.
- Okra seeds germinate in 7-14 days at temperatures between 18-30 degrees Celsius.
- Lady Cultivation Pay special attention to irrigation, do not rely on rain alone, but do not allow waterlogging of crops.
- Ladyfinger plants are ready for harvest in 50 to 65 days.
Beans are a creeping plant that grows easily in both sun and shade.
- For sowing, bean seeds are sown in the soil about 1 inch deep.
- Prepare the field well to get good yield of beans.
- Bean pods can be harvested about 45-50 days after planting.
Spinach is mostly grown in winter but due to market demand and treatment of many diseases spinach can be cultivated in monsoon.
- Spinach can be planted during monsoons in June-July.
- Choose nutrient rich soil, plant spinach seeds ½ inch deep in drained soil.
- in monsoon Spinach seeds Germinates quickly.
- With proper care, fresh tender leaf spinach can be harvested after about 45-50 days.
Pumpkin – Pumpkin is best in monsoons –
Pumpkin can be cultivated in wet and humid conditions during monsoon.
- Pumpkin vine needs 5-6 hours of sunlight a day and grows rapidly at temperatures between 21°C and 35°C.
- Plant pumpkin seeds 1 inch deep, germination may take 7-14 days.
- If the plant is properly cared for, the crop is ready to bear fruit in 60-70 days.
Which vegetables should be cultivated in monsoon?
Tomato, green chilli, cowpea, brinjal, okra, tinda, cabbage, beans, guar pod, capsicum, bitter gourd, bitter gourd, bitter gourd, cucumber, chickpea, cucumber, rice pod etc.
Why are vegetables grown out of season?
Currently, there is a demand for various vegetables in the market throughout the year, the farmers benefit directly as the prices are good. Farmers of the country are busy with early and late sowing of many types of vegetable crops. green house With the help of this, the demand of all vegetables is being met in the market throughout the year.
What vegetables are cultivated in June-July?
Depending on the rainfall in Kharif season, many types of vegetables can be grown, such as tomato, green chilli, cowpea, brinjal, ladyfinger, tinda, cabbage, beans, guar pods, capsicum, gourd, bitter gourd, bitter gourd, cucumber, chickpea, cucumber, rice. pods etc
Also must read…
Send to others – Share the link