Amid rumors and reports about the Samsung Galaxy S24 series, information has surfaced about a new Exynos chipset with graphics from South Korean giant AMD. This new SoC, believed to be the Exynos 1480, has appeared on benchmarking website Geekbench and revealed some hardware specifications. Let’s know about it in detail.
Exynos 1480 spotted on Geekbench
- MySmartPrice Marked on Geekbench by the Exynos 1480, it managed to score 882 points in the single-core round and 2808 points in the multi-core category.
- The Exynos 1480 is an octa-core chipset and is based on the ARMv8 architecture.
- The chipset has 4x performance cores clocked at 2.75GHz and 4x efficiency cores clocked at 2.05GHz.
- Source code from Geekbench reveals the presence of the Xclipse 530 GPU and it uses the same AMD RDNA 2 graphics as the flagship Exynos 2200.
- The Exynos 1480 is rumored to be a part of the upcoming Galaxy A55 and other A-series phones.
- The chipset may come as an upgrade to the Exynos 1380 chipset.
Samsung Galaxy A55 Launch Details (Leaked)
The company may launch the Samsung Galaxy A55 in March 2024. The Samsung Galaxy A series of brand smartphones have been launched in the mid-range. Earlier, the company also launched the Galaxy A-54 at Rs 38,999. Considering this, the price of this upcoming phone will be around Rs 40,000.
Like all A series smartphones, this too could come with a rear panel design similar to the Galaxy S23 Ultra. Which can get IP67 or IP68 support. Talking about the camera, it may be offered with a 50-megapixel rear camera. Which can knock with better image quality than before.