Vijayadashami 2023: Dashami Tithi of Ashwin month, Parakrama Yoga, Budhaditya Yoga, Ravi Yoga, Ganda Yoga and Dhanishtha Nakshatra coincides with Dussehra i.e. ‘Vijayadashami’ festival on Tuesday 24th October 2023.
Dashami Tithi of Ashwin Shuklapaksha is the day when Lord Sri Rama won victory by killing the Lankan King Ravana. The festival is considered to symbolize the victory of knowledge over ignorance, faith over superstition, justice over injustice and light over darkness. So everyone should remove bad thoughts from the mind.
This lesson is learned from the festival of Vijayadashi
- Dashanan Ravana died because he revealed the secret of amrita in his navel to his brother Vibhishana Rama. Since then the proverb became ‘He who pierces the house destroys Lanka.’ We should learn from this that people should not share their secrets with anyone.
- Where Vibhishana chooses religion between Dharma and his brother. It also teaches us that we should all follow the path of religion. Because religion is bigger than all relationships.
- Ravana Devadhideva was a great devotee of Mahadeva besides being a master of tantra-mantras, siddhis, scriptures, great scholar, astrologer and ascetic. But when he gained power through devotion, he deviated from the path of devotion and became arrogant and tyrannical. Pride and tyranny always pave the way to downfall.
- The festival of Vijay Dashami is not just a festival, it also inspires us to give up the ten types of vices in our lives- Lust, Anger, Addiction, Greed, Pride, Laziness, Envy and Theft.
These acts are considered auspicious on Vijayadashami
- On this day at the moment of victory, between 12:15 PM and 2 PM, along with worshiping Lord Sri Rama and Saraswati, do special pooja of weapons, horses and vehicles.
- Vikramaditya worshiped weapons on this festival, so the practice of shami puja and weapon worship continues on the day of Dussehra.
- It is considered auspicious to see Neelkanth in the evening on this day.
- Arjuna worshiped the Shami tree on Vijayadashami during Dwapara Yuga.
- On this day, when Lord Sri Rama was on his way to Lanka, the Shami tree announced the Lord’s victory. So Aparajita and Shami are worshiped at the time of victory.
- The tenth tithi of Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month i.e. Vijayadashmi is called Swayasiddhi Abuj Muhurta. Apart from marriage, all kinds of auspicious activities can take place at this time. So there is no need to see any auspicious time of day for buying and selling of property, vehicle, flat, house, building, Vastu, business, office, travel etc.
Remedies for Vijayadashi (By Vijayadashami 2023)
- On this day, sit in your house pooja at home, spread a red cloth on the bed and write down the problems you are facing in your life using ashtagandha with a pomegranate pen. Then light 5 lamps in front of the banquet table and place some mustard seeds and a clove in each lamp. Then take the rose flower and say “Om Shrim Hreem Ame Vijay Siddhi Bharadaya Dehi Maam Vaishchit Phalam Ame Hreem Shreem Om”. Keep chanting 5 chants of this mantra and offer it on the bhojapatra. After the mantra chanting is over, pray with folded hands that the problem written in the Bhojapatra is solved and that there is always peace and happiness in the family. After doing this, float the food in any running water and think to yourself that your suffering is coming to an end. Wash hands and face after returning home.
- For happiness, prosperity and prosperity at home – worship Goddess Durga’s assistants Jaya and Vijaya before Ravana Dahan. Then do pooja of Shami tree and then take some soil from the tree and keep it in house pooja.
- Along with this, new broom and secret donation to the temple on this day will remove the problems of life with lack of money.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and facts only. It is important to mention hereDoes not imply any endorsement or verification of information. Before acting on any information or belief, seek relevant expert advice.